I am constantly on the hunt for inspiration, and often find it in quotes. These words sometimes come from authors, political figures, or even TV and movies. I would like to share some of the most inspirational quotes I have found that I use to keep myself working smarter.
- “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” – William Shedd
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” – Steve Furtick
- “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
When I got my first professional job, my dad gave me a little book with some quotes by a man named Jim Rohn. Here are some of my favorites:
- “Life asks us to make measurable progress in reasonable time. That’s why they make those fourth grade chairs so small.”
- “You don’t get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to an hour.”
- “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you can’t get more time.”
- “Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design.”
- The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy.”
To get more of Rohn’s wisdom, check out his books on Amazon.
These quotes have always been moving to me, and hopefully they will help you through a tough day as well. Please share your favorite quotes in the comments!